Greene County Landmarks Foundation
Mission of the Foundation
The Greene County Landmarks Foundation, established in 1992, serves a county-wide membership, and is dedicated to the following goals:
- To promote and encourage interest in homes and their families, buildings, properties, history and heritage of Greene County.
- To acquire funding to ensure properties are preserved and rehabilitated to function within the community and to preserve and improve their early beauty as nearly as possible.
- To assist in locating and designating projects of historical architectural value.
- To solicit and accept endowments, grants, contributions, and gifts of money or property for the sole purpose of the mission of the Foundation.
- To provide resources and assistance to carry out the mission of the Foundation.
- To cooperate with individuals, groups and officials in carrying out the purposes of the Foundation.
- To actively promote interest in the history and heritage of Greene County.
By joining the Greene County Landmarks Foundation, your interest and support will help the foundation restore and protect some of Greene County's unique structures of architectural and historical significance. Your support will help protect and preserve historical sites, landmarks and our beautiful old buildings. Your support can save part of our proud history before it is gone forever.
Member Special Events
- Members are eligible to participate in annual election of the Board of Directors.
- Members are eligible to participate on committees and fund raising events.
- Members are welcome to attend and participate in memberships meetings and will receive notice of special events.
- Members will receive an annual membership card.
How to become a member
Any individual or group may become a member by expressing their intention to become a member and by payment of membership dues. Membership in the Foundation is on a 12-month basis percalendar year.
- Full Membership is $5 per year
- Corporate/Business/Organization Membership is $25 per year